Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A State of Mind

Something I learned recently (that took me long enough to figure out) is that happiness is a state of mind. It's not about what happens to you, it's about your attitude towards those occurrences. There are no truly good things or truly bad things; everything is perception. So about a month ago, I decided to have a positive attitude towards life, and suddenly life seemed better. Is that a coincidence? I don't think so.

Lately, I've been busy. I've been traveling and making new friends and practicing Spanish and just learning things. And that's awesome, because when I'm not busy I get bored, and when I'm bored I get sad. So no sadness for me recently, yay!

A quick random example of something I learned the other day: when Spaniards say chay-toes, they mean Cheetos. Shouldn't have taken me this long to figure that out, buuuuut....it did. Cheers to learning something new every day, be it important knowledge or not.

So anyway, here are some photos from a trip I took recently to the Cañones del Sil and the Playa de las Catedrales.

I enjoy the colors on these hillsides--and the fog and trees make me feel like the world I'm living in is primeval.

More fog. I've grown very accustomed to fog since I began living here!

So cool--a spiderweb covered with frost.

What looks like steps carved into these hillsides is actually vineyards, which is pretty neat.

A church in Lugo, a city a few hours away

Cute seaside fishing town

At the Playa de las Catedrales. I love the way we pop out of this picture!

I'm told this archway at the Playa de las Catedrales is famous, so here you go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment