Saturday, November 3, 2012

As Of Late


It’s been a while, as usual. Why might that be? Because this year I’m crazy busy. It’s a good thing most of the time, but it does make certain things (like this blog) suffer. So here’s what’s been going on: school has started off well, and being back for a second year is really nice. I like already knowing everything and everyone, where I’m going and what to do.

I’m doing a ton of private lessons this year, which is a very helpful addition to my travel fund. Also, it’s really nice to get to see some kids every week and really feel like I’m getting to know them and help them. I’m hoping to see them all improve over the course of the year. They’re all great kids, and I’m really enjoying working with them so far.

I've been busy lately with English/Spanish conversational exchanges, trying to make new friends to replace all the ones who moved away at the end of last year (miss you guys!), and enjoying the lovely fall weather (this includes hiking, among other things). 

Also, I’ve been traveling! I’ve had two four-day weekends so far; the first one I spent in Lisbon with a new friend and the second in London with a very old one. Both great trips and a lot of fun, but I have barely had a moment’s rest! But I've decided I need a bit of a rest—this weekend (another 4-day weekend due to All Saints’ Day on Thursday and the puente aka bridge aka extra day off that links it with the weekend) there was Halloween, but I decided to turn down another possible trip in order to get healthy again (I picked up a cold in London) and do things around here that needed doing (cleaning, errands, etc. etc.) so that when things pick back up again next week, I won't be overwhelmed.

And now, without further ado, a bunch of pictures of my adventures. Enjoy.

Cute streetcar in Lisbon

A monastery that looked like Hogwarts in Lisbon

A muiño (mill) I saw on a hike here in Galicia

I get by with a little help from my friends (at Abbey Road in London)

London Eye and Big Ben

Classic red phone booth picture

Some people do the Camino de Santiago, I do the Camino de Jane Austen (my own personal saint)

American Halloween traditions in Spain

No comments:

Post a Comment