Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Spotted in Eroski: Awkward Spanglish


Dear Eroski: 
In the future, it might be prudent to think about what your Spanglish sounds like to an English speaker.

I can't stop thinking to myself "a-horring we will go, a-horring we will go, high ho the merry-o, a-horring we will go."

And for those of you who don't speak Spanish and are confused, although ahorring sounds (in my head anyway) like a-whoring, in Spanish it would be pronounced aorring, which would be Spanglish for the verb "ahorrar" which means "to save" (as in money, Eroski is a grocery store).

That is all.

1 comment:

  1. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
    I find these hilarious! They're everywhere!!!!!!!!
    But I never thought of A-whoring but just ahorring saving...ridiculously hilariously ridiculous. Yea. LOL

    ReplyDelete